its so sad that every boy who dresses remotely nice is labeled as gay like thts not even offensive to gay people it just means straight boys dress like shit
ppl on this website be like your grades don’t measure your intelligence but whether or not you drink tea and like dr. who does
There’s two types of anger one is dry and the other wet and basically wet anger is when your eyes water and your voice shakes and I hate that cause I feel weak when I’m crying while angry I like dry anger when your face is like stone and your voice is sharp I guess wet anger shows that you care too much and dry anger means you’re done.
This is the best description ever
In the United States they don’t say I love you they say “you got kik?” And I think that is beautiful
This is exactly why we have this technology
"At least you love me." I say to my pet as I hold them against my chest as they try to get away
this one time a guy in my class was gonna download his presentation from hotmail.com
HE SPELLED IT WRONG
HE SPELLED HOTMALE.COM
HE WAS CONNECTED TO THE PROJECTOR
WE WERE TWELVE
JUST IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENED
how do i achieve immortality and perfect eyebrows
It’s not John Green’s fault that Laverne Cox wasn’t included the TIME 100.
John Green did not make the decision to not include Laverne Cox in the TIME 100.
John Green being included in the TIME 100 and Laverne Cox not being included does not reflect badly on him— it reflects badly on TIME magazine.
Stop acting like children and place blame where it belongs instead of looking for a fucking scapegoat.
Stop being mad at John Green for things he didn’t do/he didn’t have control over 2K14
People really think that John Green shouldn’t be included in this list- probably because he’s white and a male and therefore has no real influence, it’s all fake and he’s made NO DIFFERENCE
Do your research.
- Since 2007, the project for awesome has raised way over $100000 for charities such as (in 2013) The Harry Potter Alliance, This Star Won’t Go Out, Not Forgotten, Save the Children, Liberty in North Korea, Childs Play, water.org, The Thirst Project, Partners for Mental Health, TECHO, To Write Love on Her Arms, The Office of Letters and Light, The World Food Programme, Feeding America (which works with food banks around the US), The Wayne Foundation, Pencils for Kids, Women for Women International, First Book, Kiva, Doctors without Borders
- He encourages people to be themselves, to act smart around other people and to learn and read and do good things
- His books have inspired so many other artists and writers
Not to mention one of the most popular covers of An Abundance of Katherines was designed by a nerdfighter
- Some of the music inspired by his books: (X) (X) (X) (X) (X)
- Nerdfighters are writing their own book as a collection
- Projects from the Nerdfighteria Projects page:
Vlogtubers (a group inspired by John and Hank to make awesome videos)
IttakesII (connecting siblings through youtube)
Generation of awesome (people making videos about what matters to them)
Again and again, more people inspired by the vlogbrothers to make videos and do amazing things to make friends and talk about things that matter (X)
- Quotes from John’s page from his watchers/ readers:
- “ I also felt inspired to expand my vocabulary. Elaborating my English grade largely.” - Rosie Jiggins, 14, England.
- “ I usually don’t read English books but you inspired me to read. your book are helping me through life and they are helping me to improve my writing skills.” - Tsion
- “I do not believe I have ever read anything where it felt as it had changed me, until I read The Fault In Our Stars.” - Brooklynn Hastey , age 15.
- “It has occurred to me that you have changed my life.” - Gracie
- “I have great admiration for you” - Ana Lara Sabino
- “Your honestly and compassion with which you write with makes me constantly change my perspective towards many things in life and want to change others perspectives with the same compassion and drive you have. ” - Samantha
- “ You really got me in to reading!” - Sally
- “I just wanted to post this letter to express the importance, and the impact that this moving book has left on me, and the thousands of other individuals who have been engulfed by TFIOS.” - ASMM 13
- "You have been one of the most inspirational authors whose books I’ve read." - Rachel
- “I am deeply grateful to you John, for the books that changed me.” - Stas
- This was literally just scrolling down for a minute or so. The page is literally filled with gratitude and thanks for his inspiration and books
- The #hairforhazel project got over a hundred people to donate at least 8 inches of hair for the Children with Hair Loss charity
- August 3 is Esther day, for John’s friend and amazing person who died of cancer when she was just 16. John Green told Esther that he and his brother Hank wanted to celebrate her birthday as long as there were vlogbrothers videos, and that the videos on that day could be about whatever she chose. After some reflection, Esther decided she wanted it to be a day to celebrate love for family and friends. So since 2010, August 3rd or Esther Day has become a holiday that reminds us to verbalize our love for friends and family, the important people in our lives who we might not remember to say “I love you” to very often. (X)
- And John green’s books are just as inspirational too:
- "What is the point in being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?" -ABOK
- "We are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be.” - LFA
- "if you don’t imagine, nothing ever happens at all." PT
- "What a treacherous thing to think a person is more than a person." -PT
- "People lack good mirrors. It’s so hard for anyone to show us how we look, and so hard for us to show anyone how we feel." - PT
- And his actual vlogbrothers quotes:
- “Saying ‘I notice you’re a nerd’ is like saying, ‘Hey, I notice that you’d rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you’d rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. ”
- "Use your words"
- "The venn diagram of boys who don’t like smart girls and boys you don’t want to date, is a circle."
- "Nerd life is so much better than regular life."
- "When you acknowledge that there is nothing repulsive or unforgivable or shameful about yourself, it becomes easier to be that authentic person and feel like you’ve living a less preformed life."
- He treats women like real life people: “When of course, a women needs a strong man like a fish needs a bicycle.”
- "That’s always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people would want to be around someone because they’re pretty, it’s like picking breakfast cereal based on colour instead of taste.” - PT
And he does all of this while being an incredible husband, father of two and brother:
Yes, of course Laverne Cox deserved and should have been on that list
BUT SO DID JOHN GREEN
THIS IS NOT A PASTY ASS
THIS IS SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE A DIFFERENCE
If you think your mom overreacts just remember once my mom cancelled our trip to New York because I refused to eat the meatloaf she made
my mom accused me of selling my birth certificate and social security to the black market when she couldn’t find them